Monday, December 1, 2008

I was working late last night on a paper for school and listening on the headphones to a live Newsboys song that was rocking. The combination of extra coffees, being tired, and a great tune, got me into the song and praising God while typing away. I imagined the front of that concert and the mosh pit, people abandoned in dancing and singing (perhaps like David), and wondered about me in that picture. Last time I 'moshed' with my daughters in the kitchen I tripped and hit my head on the cupboards knocking over the OJ. Perhaps those days are beyond me. But when I think of worshiping fully I think of the energy and enthusiasm of a concert.
So how do I do that for Advent? I suspect it has to do more with my 'full being' involved through the day, rather than an emotive / spiritual spike. I suspect worshiping fully will weave its way through several portions of the day - the dinner table conversation with the kids, on my walk with the dog in the morning. I imagine it's taking every thought captive - the conversations and the media blitz, the carols on the airwaves- and redeeming those events by asking some simple questions about what's real.

Side note: Has anyone seen the movie "Boy in the striped pajamas" yet? Juxtapose that movie with 'worshiping fully' - I am mulling over how that can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just out of curiosity, had you been drinking any orange juice prior to that rocking?